We want you to enjoy your candle, but please take the following tips into consideration for your safety and pleasure.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never leave a burning candle on or near anything flammable, or you could have a whole lot more flame than you anticipated.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and animals.
- Always stop using your candle when it gets to the last 13mm of unmelted wax.
- Don’t burn a candle for less than one hour or for more than four hours at a time.
- Never touch the glass of a burning candle – yes, you guessed it – it will burn your fingers.
- Never allow the burning flame to come into contact with the side of the glass, or your glass will shatter.
- To extinguish a candle, blow gently and steadily on the flame until it is extinguished.
- Trim the black bits on the end of your wick, in between using it, so that your candle doesn’t smoke – we all know that smoking is bad for you and your candle doesn’t like to have ugly black bits in it!
- Never cut your wick too short or it will be difficult to light – leave approximately 7mm.
- Place candles on a heat resistant surface, like a coaster. Your furniture will thank you for it.
- Ensure that on the first burn, the melted wax burns to the edge of the jar, so that your candle burns down evenly on future burns.
- If your candle has multiple wicks, they must all be lit whenever the candle is used for an even burning surface.
- Your glass vessel can be recycled and used again for display or storage. Place the glass with the remaining solid wax in your freezer. Once it has frozen, allow it to thaw. The wax easily comes out with a cutlery knife or spoon. Either wash your vessel in warm, soapy water, or in the dishwasher – it looks like new again.
- Love your candle, and it will love you back.
Soy Candle Care ~ Tips for Best Burn and Scent Throw